Tuesday 14 June 2016

Week 30 and 31- Sauntering south


A quiet, often damp fortnight as I made my way south through Germany, Nederlands and Belgium on my way to France and Paris where I met up with my youngest son, Duncan, and his girlfriend, Laura, before heading over to the UK. And as I'm overdue in putting this post up, but currently not in a writing mood (end of trip ennui?) this week just a few photos just to give the flavour of it (and the damp of the fortnight had meant there's not many of them)

Bremen 

Bruge


WW1 Western Front - Near Ypres, Belgium

Duncan

The Paris flooding led to people taking desperate measures to protect their precious belongings

Duncan and Laura

Leaving a damp France

And arriving in an equally damp England

Cambridge

Spitfire midden which I came across by chance

Lincoln Cathedral ...

Where I managed to join a tour into the structure of the building - amazing being up in the roof space surrounded by 1000 year old timbers 


Xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment