Monday 12 January 2015

Morocco - hereI come

January 2014 was supposed to be the start date of a trip down to Morocco, but with the bike begin stolen in the UK before I even got going it never happened. Fortunately it was recovered a few weeks later, but somewhat worse for wear so that trip never happened; now one year on with it fully (he says with fingers crossed) repaired I'm having another go.

Yesterday I left my father's house in Swansea (where the bike has been hibernating in his garden summer house) and made it to Poole on the south coast of the UK. Today I'm on the ferry - next stop France and riding on the wrong side of the road.

The plan is a couple of days in Normandy looking at some of the D Day memorials and then down to Lyon in mid France to catch up with Duncan my youngest son, who is currently hitchhiking around Europe, then I'll ride on down into Spain before catching the ferry into Morocco. Unfortunately I'll only have about 3 weeks there before I have to head back to the UK to park the bike again as I've promised to be back at work in Australia in late February.


However this is only a taster - the plan is to come back in the second half of the year and start my long talked about trip down the length of Africa - and if that works onto the America's. You've got have dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment