Tuesday 10 April 2018

The Americas - Week 13 - Waterfalls and ruins



Firstly an apology for the brevity of these posts - I always seem to be falling behind and this is the only way to catch up. Also most of my known readers are getting regular WhatsApp message updating them on progress - if you want these let me know.

After we exited Uruguay back into Argentina the plan was to visit the NE corner of that country to see the IguazĂș waterfalls. These were one of the few things on my "must do" list for this trip. They didn't disappoint: very spectacular - far better than the more famous Victoria Falls I saw when in Zimbabwe a few years ago.

During the week we also visited a second set of falls - Mocona Falls - a set of longitudinal falls in the same river system. Not as spectacular in height but impressive at nearly 3 km long.

A few photos of both are below as are also some of Jesuit Mission ruins we visited.










No comments:

Post a Comment