Sunday 18 February 2018

The Americas - Week 6: The End of The World

A lazy week in Ushuaia. Gaby was here for the first half before flying off to see her family for a month ( she will rejoin me in Buenos Aires in March) and after that I started being a single traveler again.
We arrived at the sign marking the end of the sign south at the same time as multiple bus loads of cruise ship passengers (not surprising since Ushuaia is a regular port for these ships with one or two there everyday we were in town). Suddenly we were instant celebrities - to the passengers it was like we were the only ones ever to have done such a trip; you feel a bit of a fraud because I know how many motorcyclists achieve this or something similar, but the praise was nice for a short while.




After Gaby flew out of town I stayed camping in the park and went hiking for a couple of days just to let the pleasure of reaching this goal sink in. Then it was time to head north - I suddenly remembered BA is over 3000km away by the direct route and with the side trips I had planned probably over 5000km away and I only had a month to do it.

Here are a few pictures from this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment