Sunday 10 January 2016

Week 9 - Tanzanian wildlife



Crossing the border Malawi to Tanzania was no drama - but my day was somewhat spoiled by getting a speeding ticket in both countries; I hasten to add both were minimal offences and by their locations were very much revenue raising exercises (fortunately for my budget not that much revenue, they worked out at about $8 each after some negotiation).



Here are a few photographs from the week,


First night spent on a coffee plantation (with a multi purpose campsite)

Kids selling me breakfast the next day- unsugared doughnuts


Very striking eroded stone pillars at Ismilia Stone Age village site





All the above were taken at Ruaha NP where I joined up with another traveler and we paid to hire a 4wd and guide to do a 2 day safari (for some reason they don't let you ride your bike around! ). For the amount of wildlife I saw it is probably the best of all the parks I've visited



And the advice were taken in Mikuni NP which is the only one in the area you can ride through since the main highway goes through the center - much to my surprise I saw quite a lot of wildlife (these plus giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and impala)  apparently undisturbed by the traffic. Wonder if my insurance covers hitting an elephant?

No comments:

Post a Comment