Saturday 24 May 2014

The trips beginning

Well bike is successfully reassembled, and after a 500k test ride I'm reasonably happy it is running OK and is likely to be able to do a few thousand more over the next few weeks without too much risk of problems. Fingers all crossed as I write that.
More importantly my girlfriend Megan has arrived safely in UK. We spent a few days together in Bath and Swansea so she had a chance to get over jet lag and also to meet my family. In fact she got the full whammy of family in one go as both my sons are currently in the UK as well as my father, brothers and their families.
I have to admit some worry at the start of the trip. I don't normally carry a pillion even at home; here on a fully loaded bike is going to be an interesting learning experience. In also in awe of Megan being brave enough to choose to come on this trip with me, given she's only known me a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment